It’s a new year, and the Coral Bay Community Council’s first activity in 2018 is to help make sure everyone knows about our OPEN and READY businesses for you to enjoy. This listing will be improved with hours, features and contact information during the next week – and updated after that for the next few months. In no particular order and as a draft…(businesses – we will contact you – or contact us with updates – email below or stop by office):
- Indigo Grill – Food and drink, satellite TV for sports – open Wed.-Sat. 3-8, Sun. 1-8, closed Mon. & Tues.
- Oasis – Food and drink, free satellite WiFi – open Mon.-Fri. 11-5, closed Sat. & Sun.
- Pickles – Food and drink, open for brunch Sun. 10-2, Mon.-Sat. 6-4
- Pizza Bar in Paradise – Pizza, food & drink- located at Shipwreck’s – open Tues.-Sat. 3-9, Sun. 4-9, closed Mon.
- Skinny Legs – Food and drink, satellite TV for sports – open 12-6 Mon.-Sat., 12-8:30 Sun.
- Wok on the Beach – food and drink – open 7 days, breakfast 7-11, lunch 11-5
Groceries & Retail
- Calabash Market – Full service grocery – open 7 days 7 am-7 pm until further notice. Then 7 am-10 pm.
- Dolphin Market – Full service grocery – open 7 days 7:30 am-7 pm
- Love City Market – Full service grocery – open 7 days 6:30 am-8 pm
- Jolly Dog/Virgin Territory – clothes, gifts, souvenirs – located next to Wok on the Beach – open Mon.-Sat. 10-4, closed Sun.
- Karen Samuel/Kareso Kitchen – Baked goods, pates, local drinks, jams and jellies – Saturdays at the fire station, 10 am until gone
- Mumbo Jumbo – clothes, gifts, souvenirs – located next to Skinny’s – open 7 days 12-6
Activities & Services
- Busy Bee Boat Charters – busybeevi.com, (340) 201-4858
- Carolina Corral – Horse trail rides, learning how to care for horses, donkey wagon rides – located at Fortsberg – horsesstjohn.com
- Connections East – Mail service – open Mon.-Thurs. 9:30-5:30, Fri. 11-5:30, Sat. 11-2:30
- Flyaway Boat Charters
- Island Baby – Rental equipment for babies and young children – call Julie 340-998-8327
- Island Roots Boat Charters – 340-643-5000
Accommodations – Plenty of rental villas with electricity and no damage available now. More will be added.
- Windspree – vacation home rental and management – located next to CBCC office – open Mon-Fri. 9AM-3:30PM. Text Windspree (340)201-3002 with your dates or check their website.
- St. John House Rentals
- St. John Links
ATMs – There are currently NO ATMs in Coral Bay. There are several ATMs available in Cruz Bay.
Look for local vendors by the roadside!
WILL RE-OPEN (dates to be announced):
- Aqua Bistro – Food and drink – expected to open sometime in Feb.
- Dancing Rooster – T-shirts and more (next to Pickles) – expected to open late Jan./early Feb.
- Kareso Studio at Estate Eden (Karen Samuel) – Clothing, quilts, handmade items
- Ekaete “Pink Corner” – Food and drink – expected to open mid-Feb.
- Pickles – Food and drink – opening Jan. 21. Read about new ownership in the St. John Tradewinds
- Pottery in Paradise – Locally made ceramics and art – located next to Pickles – expected to open end of Jan.
OTHER USEFUL INFO:
Flights are departing and arriving daily from Cyril E. King Airport on St. Thomas on the following airlines (this list excludes inter-island services): American, Cape Air, Delta, JetBlue, Seaborne, Spirit and United. Please check with your airline for any last-minute changes. Leave extra time when departing, as check-in and TSA screening may take over 3 hours.
National Park beaches are open. Limited restrooms and facilities. Visit nps.gov/viis for updates. Usual water quality testing is being done by NPS and DPNR. Always avoid swimming after heavy rains.
Car barge service runs daily departing from the Cruz Bay Moorhead Marine Facility beginning at 6:15 am. The last car ferry currently returns from Red Hook at 7 pm. Love City Car Ferries may be reached at 340-998-9597. As of early January, Boyson’s Mr. B was on its way to New Orleans for repairs.
Ferries are running on a limited schedule. The last ferry leaves Red Hook at 8PM.