Watershed Management Plan 2021
The Coral Bay Watershed Management Plan
5 Year Update Project 2021
With an up-to-date plan, CBCC can continue its mission to protect the environment and support the community by:
- Applying for relevant grants and funding opportunities
- Completing low-impact and economic-growth planning activities
- Conducting and participating in scientific research for more informed decision-making
- Completing infrastructure improvement and resiliency projects
- Providing information, “best management practices”, and training programs to the community and stakeholders
- Developing creative and flexible solutions to water quality
Click for the WMP 2021 – Coloring Page
2019 – 2021
CBCC and WCA have worked with our community over the last two years to answer the following questions to move Coral Bay into the Future. (The timeline and watershed graphics by WCA).
THE COMMUNITY KICK-OFF MEETING JUNE 2019
- What do you love about Coral Bay and living here?
- Where and what are some of the amazing treasures that we should protect?
- Where should we focus our funds and efforts?
WCA and CBCC received some great answers from the community about where and what projects we should work on over the next 5 years!
Contact us at Plan@CoralBayCommunityCouncil.org with your ideas!
Check out the St. John Source featured news article about this meeting and more about watershed management in the USVI.
Final 2021 Plan, Document & Map
This project produced the following: