DUE TO SOCIAL DISTANCING NEEDS TO PROTECT US ALL FROM THE PANDEMIC. MOST BUSINESSES ARE NOT RUNNING NORMAL HOURS OR ARE CLOSED for at least two weeks. Call first! This page will not be updated, until things begin to be more normal again. Posted March 21, 2020
For MEDICAL CARE, Myrah Keating Clinic is open in a beautiful modular building at their old Susannaberg location. The phone number has changed. Remove the old 340-693-8900 from your phone and replace with 340-776-8311 which reached Schneider Hospital. Dial “0” immediately (don’t listen to messaging) and ask the receptionist for Myrah Keating Clinic and you will get right through. This new improved phone system puts the Myrah Keating staff in direct contact with hospital departments and integrates their staff better, so let’s get it into all our phone lists. 340-776-8311 reaches both Myrah Keating and Schneider Hospital. Then Dial “0” and ask for Myrah Keating Clinic. Myrah Keating also currently has a cell phone, if you need a different number: 340-244-5217, but this may be temporary.
OPEN: (updated Nov. 6, 2019)
- Aqua Bistro – Food and drink; open daily 11-9.
- Colombo’s Smoothies – at Centerline & North Shore Rd.; open Wed.-Fri. and Sun. 10-5:30. Closing at the end of Aug.; Reopening end of Oct.
- Rhumb Lines / Indigo Grill – Food and drink, satellite TV for sports; open Thur. – Mon. 5-9, open for lunch on Sundays (with a special pub menu)
- Oasis – Food and drink, free satellite WiFi; Dinner 4 – 8 Tues – Sat cash only
- Miss Lucy’s – Food and drink; open Sunday Brunch 10am – 2pm – Tues. – Sat. Lunch 11 – 4 – Dinner Tues – Thurs. 5- 9. Sept. 1 is the last day; Reopening mid-Nov.
- Pickles – Breakfast and Lunch, takeout sandwiches for the beach, drinks- For Rent
- Pizza Bar in Paradise – Pizza, food & drink- located at Shipwreck’s; open Tues. – Sat. 3-9.
- Skinny Legs – Food and drink, satellite TV for sports; open 7 days 11-8.
- The Danforth (formally TBD restaurant) Food and drinks. Happy hour 3-6 and dinner 5-9pm
- Lime Out – Mon. – Sat. 11-5 –
- Ekaete Pink Corner – Food and drink – Info being updated
Groceries & Retail
- Calabash Market – Full service grocery – open 7 days 7-7
- Dolphin Market – Full service grocery – open 7 days 7-9
- Love City Market – Full service grocery – open 7 days 6:30 – 10
- Kareso Studio at Estate Eden (Karen Samuel) – Clothing, quilts, handmade items – Tues.-Thurs. 10-5 Info being updated
- Jolly Dog/Virgin Territory – clothes, gifts, souvenirs – located next to Wok on the Beach – Open Mon – Sat 11-6 – Sun 10-2
- Karen Samuel/Kareso Kitchen – Baked goods, pates, local drinks, jams and jellies – Saturdays by the Moravian Cemetery, 10 am until gone, Studio on left past Skinny’s open Tuesday to Thursday. Info being updated
- Mumbo Jumbo – clothes, gifts, souvenirs – located next to Skinny’s – open 7 days 11-8.
- Pottery in Paradise – Locally made ceramics and art. Classes offered, Mini Mud: 2hr hands on wheel experience, Wed & Fri 8am – 10am or 4pm – 6pm must schedule ahead: minimum 24hrs before. Watercolor classes by appointment only. – located next to Pickles – Open Mon – Sat. 10-4.
- Dancing Rooster – T-shirts and more (next to Pickles) – Closed permanently
- Zemi – Jewelry, imports and accessories – located next to Jolly Dog – Open Mon – Sat 11-6 – Sun 10-2 –
- Busy Bee Boat Charters – Snorkel gear, sandals, sunglass, & rash guards (across from the fires station) Sun. 8-12:30, Mon – Sat 8-4
Activities & Services
- Busy Bee Boat Charters – busybeevi.com, (340) 201-4858, Dive & Snorkel Center (across from the fire station) Sun. 8-12:30, Mon – Sat 8-4
- Carolina Corral – Horse trail rides, learning how to care for horses, donkey wagon rides – located at Fortsberg – horsesstjohn.com
- Chiropractic Services – Off island till the end of August – Dr. Bob located in the Pickles complex for appointment 340-626-0000.
- Connections East – Mail and internet services – open Mon.-Fri. 9:30 – 5:30, Sat. 11-3. Closed Sun.
- Crabby’s Watersports at CocoLobo- open 7 days, 10-4.
- Flyaway Boat Charters: 340-514-9627, email@example.com Flyaway Charters on Facebook
- Island Baby – Rental equipment for babies and young children – call Julie 340-998-8327
- Island Roots Boat Charters – 340-643-5000
- Screen City – window and door screens – open Mon.- Fri. 9-5. 340-227-4150 or 340-771-7175, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sloop Jones – Tropical Art Threads, offering painting sessions, call for an appointment 340-779-4001 – open Mon. – Fri. 9:30-4:30
Accommodations – Over 180 rental villas – each one unique – are ready for you to enjoy. They either had no hurricane damage or were able to recover quickly. The local rental accommodations agencies below can help you find the right place for you and your family and friends.
- Windspree – vacation home rental and management – located next to CBCC office – open Mon-Fri. 9AM-3:30PM. Text Windspree (340)201-3002 with your dates or check their website.
- St. John House Rentals
- St. John Links
- St. John Homes and Villas
- James Miller Property Management
ATMs – In Coral Bay, there is a working ATM at Dolphin Market. There are several ATMs available in Cruz Bay.
Look for local vendors by the roadside!
OTHER USEFUL INFO:
VITRAN Bus service is back – on limited basis. Leaves Salt Pond at 7 am and 9am. Leaves Cruz Bay at 6 am and 8 am. In afternoon, Leaves Cruz Bay at 3:25pm and 5:25 pm, and Leaves Salt Pond at 4 and 6 pm. No more Bloomberg Shuttle.
Flights are departing and arriving daily from Cyril E. King Airport on St. Thomas on the following airlines (this list excludes inter-island services): American, Cape Air, Delta, JetBlue, Seaborne, Spirit and United. Please check with your airline for any last-minute changes. Leave extra time when departing, as check-in and TSA screening may take over 3 hours.
National Park beaches are open. Limited restrooms and facilities. Visit nps.gov/viis for updates. Usual water quality testing is being done by NPS and DPNR. Always avoid swimming after heavy rains.
Car barge service runs daily departing from the Cruz Bay Moorhead Marine Facility beginning at 6:15 am. There have typically been two barges running. The last car ferry currently returns from Red Hook at 7 pm. Love City Car Ferries may be reached at 340-998-9597.
Ferries are running regularly on the hour from Cruz Bay and Red Hook.
The first Cruz Bay-Red Hook ferry leaves at 6am.
The last Red Hook-Cruz Bay is at midnight and the last Cruz Bay-Red Hook ferry leaves at 11pm.